Anyone who’s ever tuned their turbocharged cars and relied on the stock airflow sensors knows that most OEM’s supply MAFs purpose built for the power the car delivers in stock form. Deviate too much from this and you’ll very quickly run out of resolution making tuning problematic.
On the GT-R the problem is worsened by the protective ECU which can throw codes to further complicate matters.
AAM Competition know this problem well and have come up with a solid and permanent solution for those GT-R owners making significantly more power than standard.
AAM’s product description says it best:
AAM Competition, LLCâ€™s new R-MAF Meter is a welcome and important addition to any GT-R making over 550hp with factory air boxes, 625hp with 2 Â¾â€ intakes, or 700hp with 3â€ intakes (500awhp, 575awhp, and 630-650awhp respectively). A direct bolt-in upgrade with no splicing of any wiring required and a factory functioning air temperature sensor, the R-MAF Meter is engineered to provide stock like idling and low-throttle drivability while doubling the range of the factory MAF sensors. The R- MAFâ€™s extended range allow them to be used with engines with as much as 1,500hp with upgraded tubes.
- Benefits of the AAM Competition R-MAF Meter: Performance, accuracy and quality
- Direct replacement to the original MAF sensor & wiring harness (no cutting or splicing, drops and plugs right in)
- Approximately 2 times more range that the factory sensor
- Extended range allows it to be used with engines capable of making as much as 1,500 horsepower
- Calibrated so that their range slightly exceeds that of the intake in which it is installed, so the sensor cannot â€œpegâ€ yet still has excellent resolution
- Factory like low-load characteristics, which keep the GT-Râ€™s computer happy, allows the transmission to shift properly, and eliminates limp modes
- Cures the P0700 Code issue frequently experienced on high power GT-Râ€™s
- Can be used in almost any intake system configuration (including blow through intake systems)
- Comes with R-MAF calibration files (including fuel multiplier/tuning recommendations for different power levels)
- Every sensor is repeatable within OEM specs
The sensors retail at the $429 each mark but if you head over to their website now you can see their currently discounted quite a bit.
Their available for shipping right now but get in quick…
Link: AAM Competition Website