After a number of years going relatively unchanged the GT-R’s headlights have nowÂ found their first significant upgrade. brand_RR recently debuted a new headlight upgrade which replaces the high beam bezel’s halogen bulb with aÂ bi-xenon projector.
The headlights themselves receive extensive custom work to seamlessly adopt the secondary HID system. If no other modifications or custom painting is performed the results are comparable to what you would see on the Nissan showroom. Naturally however most people will want to do additional custom work while the headlights are under the knife. The white car shown is one such customer who optioned for nearly all of the available additions.
Aside from the bi-xenon dual HID conversion, brand_RR states that the following options are available:
– Painted inside assembly (white car shown has satin black painted assembly)
– Painted headlight surrounds (white car shown as satin black painted surrounds)
– CCFL illumination surround on each projector (not pictured)
– LED illumination surround on each projector with integrated amber turn signal activated switchback (installed on white car)
– Painted interior headlight assembly bezel (white car has our one-off carbon fiber conversion to this piece)
– LED headlight turn signal with white LED and switch to amber led when turn signal activated (not pictured)
The GT-R from the factory has a HID low beam capable of good lateral range however they are lacking in brightness and distance. brand_RR’s approach is to increase visibility by keeping the lateral range unchanged from the factory low beam HID and adding the second bi-xenon unit for straight ahead brightness and distance (and also it can switch to hi-beam mode). The photo below illustrates:
For further information the product can be found and purchased here: