SuperGT 2010: Nissan Launch GT500 GT-R Teams for 2010 and New Engine
Nissan and Nismo have unveiled their plans for motorsports in 2010 with an announcement today regarding the teams and cars to be featured in 2010 championships. In the Japanese SuperGT championships, Nismo’s field will shrink to just three teams down from four in 2009 which was five in 2008!
The 2010 GT500 specification Nissan GT-R will be raced by:
- #23 Nismo MOTUL Autech GT-R driven by Satoshi Motoyama and Benoit Treluyer
- #12 IMPUL Calsonic IMPUL GT-R driven by Tsugio Matsuda and Ronnie Quintarelli
- #24 KONDO RACING HIS ADVAN KONDO GT-R driven by Joao Paolo de Oliveira and Hironobu Yasuda
In the GT-R this year will be the brand new VRH34A 3.4 litre engine which replaces the outgoing VK45 V8 unit due to an update to the SuperGT rules. We’ll get you some technical details on the VRH34A as soon as we can.
As well as the SuperGT cars, Nismo will also be providing support to teams who will field their 2010 FIA GT1 Nissan GT-Rs abroad for the 2010 FIA GT Championships. Two teams will field two cars each in the series which kicks off mid April in the UAE at the Yas Marina Circuit.
We hope to see great things from the teams SumoPower GT and Swiss Racing Team and we’ll certainly be following their progress throughout the year.
- SuperGT 2009: Nismo Announce 2009 Teams and Car Specifications
- SuperGT 2009: First Test Session 2009 GT500 GT-R Teams Sneak Peak
- FIA GT-1 Spec Nissan GT-R Teams Announced for FIA GT 2010 Championships
- SuperGT 2010: Nismo MOTUL Autech GT-Rs Storm Suzuka Test